We are looking for a First Nations poet or storyteller to join our team as the Cultural Liaison Manager / Producer. The position is flexible, based on your interests and availabilities, and could involve:
- Contributing to team meetings
- With the rest of the team, creating the 2018 program
- Reviewing our procedures for cultural awareness and appropriateness
- Producing sessions that involve Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander content.
We are open to your direction on how many hours you’d like to commit, but we imagine that the role could be 5-30 hours of work, paid at $40/hr. Our festival will be 7-17 September 2018, and we’ll also be looking at creating and contributing to a range of other events throughout the year, in various locations in Sydney and NSW. If our projects expand, your involvement could too (if you want it to).
It would be great if you have:
- Experience in arts programming
- Interest in storytelling (spoken word, poetry, song, visual storytelling, etc.)!
All team members are also welcome to submit their own projects for consideration in the 2018 program.