THURSDAY 6 SEPTEMBER
260 Liverpool Rd Ashfield
Performances of poetry and video art from Unspoken Words’ collaboration with Spark Youth Theatre.
To express yourself, you must first find the right words. But words have a tendency to stumble. To trip and tear and disappear right when you need them most. So what happens when the spotlight’s on you, mic’s at the ready and the crowd is waiting?
Splinters and Sparks is a spoken word performance about identity and the attempt at articulation. Please join us for this very special collaboration between Spark Youth Theatre, Gabrielle Journey Jones and Unspoken Words.
While you’re at Ashfield Civic Centre, we recommend you get a free coffee and quince preserve at Kafe As Poume, a pop-up by Eleni Christou. Inspired by the Kafeneios (traditional cafes) of the Mediterranean, and the role domestic kitchens and cafes play in the social fabric of communities.
Accessibility information for this event:
- This venue is wheelchair accessible via ramps.
- There is an accessible ambulant toilet near the session rooms.
- Seating is TBC.
- Food will not be available at the sessions, but many food options are nearby in Ashfield.
- Alcohol will not be available.
- First Aid will be available on site.
- An Auslan interpreter will not be present.