SUNDAY 9 SEPTEMBER
265 King St Newtown
An official Mental Health First Aid Australia training session run by performance artist and accredited master mental health first aid trainer Annette Tesoriero.
Do you know how to help someone who is feeling suicidal? Learn practical skills to improve your confidence to identify warning signs, support a person in crisis, and have a conversation with someone experiencing suicidal thoughts and behaviours. Course participants will receive an official Mental Health First Aid Australia handbook and a Certificate of Completion.
Usually offered at $150 or more, this intensive half-day course in Suicide Training is available at the special artist rate thanks to Shoalhaven Health & Arts.
If you require emergency counselling or support ring Lifeline 13 11 14 or the Suicide Call Back Service 1300 659 467.
LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE FOR THIS SPECIAL SESSION:
Accessibility information for this event:
- This venue is wheelchair accessible via two stair lifts – one up to the mezzanine and another up to the event space. This lift also has a seat, which anyone is welcome to use. It requires a staff member to operate it, so approach someone on the day or get in touch beforehand to arrange this.
- There is an accessible ambulant toilet.
- Seating is chairs with back support, and you’re welcome to bring additional comfort items along.
- Course notes are given to all attendees in the form of an official handbook from Mental Health First Aid Training Australia.
- An Auslan interpreter will not be present.
- Snacks will be provided, with low allergen and gluten/lactose free alternatives available.
- Alcohol will not be available.