SATURDAY 8 SEPTEMBER
22 Hudson Street Lewisham (Luna Apartments ground floor)
Opens with a discussion about ‘Because of Her, We Can’ (2018 NAIDOC theme) and ways to transcend the narrative to a decolonial future, featuring Ali Cobby Eckermann, Wilo Muwadda, Alison Whittaker and Vanessa Lee.
Followed by a special performance from the #1 female Aboriginal comedian, Shiralee Hood!
Open to all audience members to attend.
Curated by festival producer Vanessa Lee.
After this session, we recommend you head to Ashfield Civic Centre for a free coffee and quince preserve at Kafe As Poume, a pop-up by Eleni Christou. Inspired by the Kafeneios (traditional cafes) of the Mediterranean, and the role domestic kitchens and cafes play in the social fabric of communities.
Accessibility information for this event:
- This venue is wheelchair accessible via wide doors and flat, even flooring.
- There is an accessible ambulant toilet.
- Seating is chairs with back support, and you’re welcome to bring additional comfort items along.
- An Auslan interpreter will not be present.
- Alcohol will not be available.
- First Aid will not be available on site.