We’re excited to share with you the news that Unspoken Words Festival 2018 will run 7- 17 September 2018 at various venues around the inner west! We bring you workshops, discussions and performances made by storytellers, for storytellers.
2018’s producers (Emma Rose Smith, Gabrielle Journey Jones, Vanessa Lee and Wil Roach) each contribute to the program their years of experience in mental health, community work, activism and independent arts. Meet the team here.
Our first round of artists has just been released (details here); we welcome to the program Arielle Cottingham, Bill Moran, Jacqui Malins, Julia Horvath, Joseph Schwarzkopf, Mel Ree, Pola Fanous and Sumithri Venketasubramanian!
The full program to come, including ambassadors and many more artists.
Today also marks the launch of our crowdfunding campaign. We encourage you to donate: all donations of $20 and over get a ticket for your gig of choosing from our program (for example, a daytime lineup containing various workshops and discussions, or an evening show with performances by several artists). The actual ticket value is usually over $20 for some of these gigs, so it’s cheaper to donate here than pay at the door. More generous donations will receive some special gifts, including:
- Full passes to our 2018 festival
- Limited-release entry to our Mental Health First Aid training session (Sunday 9th Sept)
- Tickets to Word in Hand and Enough Said poetry gigs
- Red Room Poetry‘s glass KeepCups printed with a poem
- Hand-printed Unspoken Words t-shirts
In addition to the above, the first 6 donations over $50 will receive either:
- One of 3 double passes to any regular Queerstories gig in Sydney, Brisbane or Melbourne (Oct 2018 onwards)
- One of 3 double passes to a session of your choosing from the creative program at New Moon, a new community space in Lewisham.