The best in storytelling from a range of voices and communities. The inaugural Unspoken Words festival is shaping up to be a very interesting time.
See what we have in store for you over two days of performances, workshops, lectures and panels at the Red Rattler, Marrickville.
– Performances by our stellar lineup, one of which will feature live Auslan interpretations!
– Workshops on haiku, genre poetry, visual poetry, protest poetry, performance technique, looping / vocal effects, and acceptance and safety in poetry communities.
– Lectures on Indigenous languages and sovereignties, climate change, disability, black women’s visibility, and the creative mind and chronic pain.
– Panels on defining oneself, inclusion and participation, and queering stories.
– Open mic opportunities
– Sunday dinner by Parliament on King, the social enterprise caterer.
- Catch the full program here. We’ll be kicking off at 11AM on both days, and finishing around 5PM on Saturday and around 9PM on Sunday, with after-session options on both days.
- Get your tickets! You can get a pass to the whole festival, or to just the Saturday or the Sunday, or to the main session: a performance gig on Sunday evening featuring many of the festival artists.
- Read about the stellar lineup: poets, musicians, activists, advocates, and more (including a social worker, a radio broadcaster and an animator).
- Important information about accessibility and the festival itself.
- Got a ticket already? Tell your friends!
We’ll see you in June.